What a ironical way to end the blogging silence than a post on Cricket
I was asked to write ‘Lessons on Life from cricket’ for the Speaking Tree. My first thought was that the only lesson that can be learned is ‘Life is precious, don’t waste your time, Do something worthwhile”. But I felt i need to rise up to the demand… and this is what came out…
8 Lessons on Life from Cricket
1) Pitch n weather: Having your facts right will help you plan your strategy effectively.
2) Toss and Turn: Luck plays a little role in life, but not much if you are talented and willing to work hard. Just in case, it plays a big role, be good and do good in life; Karma catches up.
3) Best batsmen bat first, Best bowlers bowl first: Play to your strengths, put your best foot forward.
4) Field setting, Bowling, Batting: Live in the present moment and be spontaneous and willing to change and improvise.
5) Chasing/Setting targets: Play the game of life without the burden or feverishness of getting somewhere so you can play your natural game and enjoy it too.
6) Records: Individual achievement is good, but put the interests of your team first.
7) Regrets: If you give your heart and soul into something (really put your 100%), there is no room for regrets.
8) Game: Life is a game and full of glorious uncertainties. Meditation and Spirituality makes you player not a pawn.